Thursday, May 03, 2007

Published

Looking over this blog, you might think that all I do is work till 3 pm, hang out with my friends and visit different beaches on the weekend. Well, all of that is true, but I have also been engaging in some academic pursuits. Specifically, I wrote a Law Review article. It is entitled "The Territory Federal Jurisdiction Forgot: The Question of Greater Federal Jurisdiction in American Samoa."
I will not ruin the ending for you, but it is about how Am Sam is the only territory without a federal district court and therefore a lot of federal statutes can not be enforced in the territory. I opine that Am Sam doesn't need a full blown federal court, but that an additional division of the High Court - a federal division - will solve most of the problems. Yes, I am a nerd. Anyway, I am pleased to say that the Pacific Rim Law and Policy Journal of the University of Washington agreed to publish it.

Sweet. It should be in stores, or at least on Lexis/Westlaw in Spring 2008. Autographed copies can be requested. This will be my second published article. This first one dealt with partisan gerrymandering. The Gerrymandering article has been cited twice (pretty cool) in the Alaska Law Review (23 Alaska L. R. 51 (2006)) and the John Marshall Law Review (39 J. Marshall L. Rev. (2006)).

Yes, I am a total nerd.

No comments: