Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Martin Luther King, Jr. Day

Another month, another mainland holiday tentatively connected to Am. Sam. but still celebrated by Samoans. Well, I am not sure if Samoans actually celebrate or reflect on one of America's greatest civil rights leaders during the day, but everyone gets the day off. I decided to do my MLK reflection in the coolest backyard ever.For my avid readers, you may remember me talking about the coolest backyard ever (for my less avid readers, you will have to try to find it in earlier posts, this will teach you to keep up with the blog). Former Assistant Attorney General Don Pitzer use to live in the house with the coolest backyard ever, but now New Assistant Attorney General Moi (unable to spell full Samoan name, apologies) lives in the house. Luckily, we have befriended Moi and are invited to his backyard. Sweet. It was a great day of swimming and relaxing. Special shout out to Nate for showing up with McDonald's for everyone. What a guy. I think this picture best sums up the day (and most days in American Samoa).

No comments: